Constructed in c.1880 of locally quarried stone, Coldspring Mill is situated in beautiful countryside in Cullingworth, West Yorkshire, not far from the Bronte village of Haworth.
It takes its name from the natural spring nearby and began life as a soap mill, using lanolin from a local tannery. Soap of the kind produced at the mill was used in the wool scouring trade prior to the invention of detergents.
During World War Two the building was used by Warag to store farm machinery and was then derelict until 1983, when it was bought by textile merchant, Roger Wood, who began a major restoration process.
The mill shop opened its doors in 1986 to supply knitting yarns at much lower prices than traditional shops and proved to be a huge success. Word spread and soon people were visiting the mill from all over the country and even abroad.
The outdoor clothing department was introduced in 1999 and the range we offer has been expanding ever since. As we are based out of town, it means that we don’t have the huge overheads of high street stores, therefore we are able to offer quality goods at exceptionally reasonable prices.
If you have a query or would like some advice on any of the products we sell, or would like to check whether we have a particular item in stock, our friendly and experienced staff are more than happy to help.
Just give us a call on 01535 275646 or pay us a visit – we have plenty of parking space and a Coffee Shop selling delicious homemade cakes and light refreshments.